An ordinary blog about the very extra-ordinary lives of the wonderful, funny, sometimes scary, magical inhabitants of the world inside my wardrobe.

All about My like's and dislikes, about my fashion course, my fashion label and the funny little group of people that are my family

Sunday 5 June 2011

weekly Fashion Inspiration: 1950's

If someone asked me what I considered to be one of the most glamorous decades in the last 100 years, I would instantly reply "The 1950s".



Everything about that time was beautiful and extravagant and…new. I can't explain it but it was luminous and bigger than life. The way people went to parties, the dresses, clothes, cars, even the advertising and way almost everyone smoked cigarettes. People were naive and eager to be something bigger than themselves - wanting only to put their best face forward…Women especially. You were not to leave the house without your hair curled and some rouge on the lips. You were to look refined and even a little daring and sexy.
 Miss Samii

No comments:

Post a Comment